Thursday, March 14, 2024

A goal

 Thinking about what I might want to see in a tech & myth conference/workshop has led me to a goal formulation that also speaks to what I'm looking for personally.

Here's the goal/value statement for an event; change "yourself" to "myself" and I think it's pretty much what excites me.

Discovering things about yourself [myself] and the world

through listening, making, and conversation.

The first line is the End, and the second is the Means. As far as personal goals, different people have different ends and means. Some other personal ends:

  • Win
  • Improve myself
  • Take revenge
  • Make the world a better place
  • Be safe
  • Take care of those close to me

Some means - one can mix and match like in a flip book:

  • Inventing
  • Fighting
  • Rebuilding
  • Meditating
  • Designing
Notes about the formulation
  • The "and" in the first line is intentionally ambiguous.
  • "Listening" includes any kind of reception, including reading and intuiting.
  • "Making" is also broad, and includes writing, speaking, speaking -- creativity of all kinds.
  • I have learned about the importance of conversation in conversations with Paul Diduch and Cheryl DeCiantis.


No comments: