- 60 percent of the boomers won’t be able to maintain a lifestyle close to their current one without continuing to work.
- The same percentage of older boomers already suffers from chronic health problems.
- 43 percent already are frustrated that they aren’t leading the lives they expected.
- Boomers will control nearly 60 percent of US net wealth in 2015 (see Exhibit 2).
- There will be more than 45 million households with people from 51 to 70 years old, compared with about 25 million for the “silent” generation, born from 1925 to 1945.
- Their real disposable income and consumption will be roughly 40 percent higher.
Guess who’ll be demanding a bail-out of their own in 2015, just as we’re (hopefully) getting over the current one?